PayPal

StatCounter

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Canada's CASL

© MMXIV V.1.1.4
by Morley Evans

ON 1 JULY 2014, Canada's new anti-spam legislation comes into force. It will probably do nothing to stop spam but it will affect every Canadian and everyone who communicates with Canadians.

According to the law firm Miller Thompson: CASL regulates eMail, not spam (which involves sending millions of unsolicited eMail messages); CASL involves every single message — eMail, blogs, tweets, and newsletters; provides enforcement by 3 federal agencies; provides for private right of action; provides for fines 100 times greater than current privacy legislation; provides monetary penalties up to $10 million for corporations and $1 million for individuals.

After July 1st, 2014, nobody will be able to contact anybody before the sender has consent from the recipient to send a message or they will be at risk of prosecution or law suit. CASL adds injury to the nuisance of spam by creating a serious enemy for every Canadian using the communication tools available in the modern world.

Please answer Yes or No if you want or do not want to receive electronic messages from me or my organizations. I hereby consent to receive eMail from you. 

Write to me at morleyevans@morleyevans.com.
FAX to me at (306) 529-1114
Complete the form below and eMail or FAX it to me.


DOWNLOAD

If you have the free Adobe Reader:
1). complete form; 2).  print; 3). manually sign; 4). fax to me

If you have Adobe Acrobat:
1). compete form; 2). digitally sign; 3). save; 4). email to me

If you do not have either, print the attachment, fill it out and fax to me.


The Government of Canada is here to protect you, it says:

No comments: