PayPal

StatCounter

Friday, June 7, 2013

What A Great Day!

© MMXIII V.1.0.3
by Morley Evans

Reading my stuff, people could get the idea that I am an unhappy person with a gloomy outlook. Not so! I just came home from the gym. Here's what I logged.


What a great day! The sun is shining. There is a gentle breeze. The world is green and lush. Big white clouds are floating in a bright blue sky. Birds are cheeping and pretty girls are smiling!

My right erector spinae muscle is a little ouchy when I move certain ways, so I was a bit apprehensive about doing my weights. I decided to go ahead anyway. If anything hurts, I'll stop, I thought. Happily, nothing hurt and I had a fantastic day. I'll get Nadine to massage my back next week. I squatted 140 pounds 5x5. That is a personal best. Taa Daa! My overhead press was good and so was my deadlift. I MADE MY WEIGHT! 

At the gym today, I met Ashley, a gorgeous girl with a gorgeous tan, bright sparkling dark brown eyes and a gorgeous smile. She was working out in the weight room. I'd guess Ashley is 16 or 17. She was wearing a top with a big University of Texas Longhorns logo across the chest. As Lyle Lovett would sing: Ashley is not from Texas, Ashley is not from Texas, Ashley is not from Texas, but Texas wants her anyway. Gold's Gym is worth the price of membership. Girls inspire me! I love them!


The cure for back pain is powerlifting: squats, barbell rows, and deadlifts. People have lower back pain because they spend almost all of their time sitting and lying down. Walking is not the solution. My back was very weak. My right erector spinae muscle is no longer ouchy. I don't even know where it is anymore. I may not get a massage next week. I haven't had a chiropractic adjustment since December. I may never have another one. Get Strong! Be Well! Doctors and pills? Fuggetaboutit!



No comments: